Drop the bra.. LET'S EAT!

do things a little differently


A different kind of "Suan Pan Zi" (Abacus)

I always like my mum's version of Suan Pan Zi. The traditional kind looks like small flattened balls but I like to do things differently.. ha ha.. so I made mine into long strips.. kind of like slice fish cake but thicker:) The texture is still chewy and has a strong flavor of yam...yummy! See below:



The ingredients in making my "Suan Pan Zi":
1: Mixed coriander and spring onions (you can add chives if you like)


2: Diced Dried Shrimps and Chilli paste (I like mine spicy ;p)


3: Bean Sprouts


And my final product:


Okay let talks about the "look" of the suan pan zi. I apologise for the poor quality of these photos, normally my handphone camera takes very nice and sharp photos but unfortunately I dropped it on the floor and it seems that the camera function is out!!!! (ya, I screamed so loud! heart pain AHHHH!!) So now, I am using my OLD handphone camera and as you can see, it's not very clear... please bear with me until I get a better camera... hopefully soon. BUT! nevertheless, these "suan pan zi" taste really good, a bit spicy but good! My brothers (btw I have 4 brothers, YAP! I am the rose amongst the thorns..ha ha ) loved it so much that they requested that I made it again the next weekend!!!......:@ "faint".... only if they knew how difficult the process in making these delicious "suan pan zi"

Labels:

0 Responses to “A different kind of "Suan Pan Zi" (Abacus)”

Post a Comment

Name: pink dimple
Home: Singapore
About Me:

See my complete profile

Web This Blog

Friends

Food Talk

Fashion & Beauty Talk



Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates

blog counter
Add to Technorati Favorites Digg!


© 2006 Drop the bra.. LET'S EAT! | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health